Gaddis Defeats Dragstrem, Becomes 2018 Match Play Champion
Bryan Gaddis defeats Tom Dragstrem 5 & 3 to become the 2018 Season Long Match Play Champion. The Championship Match was tight after nine holes, but Gaddis started pulling away when making the turn with a birdie on 12 and Dragstrem faltering on holes 13 and 14. Gaddis was able to end the match on the 15th hole, solidifying the victory with three holes to play.
Congratulations to Bryan and all of the semifinalist. Each player will receive the following based on their finish:
- Champion | Bryan Gaddis | $125
- Runner Up | Tom Dragstrem | $75
- Semifinalist | Gary Walton | $25
- Semifinalist | Jason Andrews | $25
2018 Match Play Results
Championship Match Pairings
- Match 27 | Championship Match | Gaddis, Bryan ($125) def. Dragstrem, Tom ($75) | 5 & 3
- Match 25 | Semifinal Match #1 | Dragstrem, Tom def. Walton, Gary ($25) | 2 & 1
- Match 26 | Semifinal Match #2 | Gaddis, Bryan def. Andrews, Jason ($25) | 1 UP
- Match 21 | Walton, Gary vs. Shank, Bob | 5 & 4
- Match 22 | Dragstrem, Tom def. Zumer, Jerry | 3 & 1
- Match 23 | Andrews, Jason def. Zunk, Mike | 2 UP
- Match 24 | Gaddis, Bryan def. McAvene, Rob | 1 UP
Round 2 Results
- Match 13 | Walton, Gary def. Konst, Adam | 1 UP
- Match 14 | Shank, Bob vs. Scott Chisholm | 23 HOLES
- Match 15 | Zumer, Jerry def. Rily, Dave | 6 & 4
- Match 16 | Dragstrem, Tom def. Armstrong, David | 3 & 2
- Match 17 | Andrews, Jason def. Hazelwood, Derek | 4 & 3
- Match 18 | Zunk, Mike def. Schulze, Al | 2 & 1
- Match 19 | Gaddis, Bryan vs. Wilson, Ric | 6 & 5
- Match 20 | McAvene, Rob def. Walker, Leigh | 2 & 1
Round 1 Results
- Match 01 | Walton, Gary def, Weller, Bob | 6 & 4
- Match 02 | Konst, Adam def. Fine, Mark | 5 & 4
- Match 03 | Chisholm, Scott def. Greene, Greg | 19 HOLES
- Match 04 | Zumer, Jerry def. Inman, Troy | 3 & 2
- Match 05 | Riley, Dave def. Wilson, Curt | 3 & 2
- Match 06 | Dragstrem, Tom def. Pressley, Brad | 6 & 5
- Match 07 | Hazelwood, Derek def. Rielage, Mike | 2 & 1
- Match 08 | Andrews, Jason def. Gundy, Jim | 5 & 3
- Match 09 | Zunk, Mike def. Risotti, Rich | 3 & 1
- Match 10 | Schulze, Al def. Parliament, Bill | 19 HOLES
- Match 11 | Wilson, Ric def. Shane, John | 4 & 3
- Match 12 | McAvene, Rob def. James, Brock | 4 & 2
- 1st Round Bye | David Armstrong (2017 Champion), Bob Shank, Leigh Walker, Bryan Gaddis
2018 Match Play Tournament Information
Format / Rules / Entry Deadline
- Match play with 100% handicap. Handicap will be determined prior to the start of each round.
- Handicap adjustments can only take place PRIOR to the start of any match and cannot be changed after the start of play.
- Each round will consist of an 18 hole match.
- Each player will be seeded randomly to determine 1st round pairings.
- MUST be a member of the Eagle Creek Men’s Club.
- Players are responsible for playing their match during the posted dates.
- Matches can be played at any time as long as they are played at Eagle Creek Golf Club (Pines or Sycamore Course.)
- If matches are not played by deadline, players are subject to forfeit of match.
- Winners of matches subject to forfeit will be determined by overall ECMC participation. Players with the most events played will be deemed the match winner.
- $10 ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MAY 05, 2018
Awards / Prizes
- Champions portion of Purse and $100 ECGC Gift Certificate will go to the Match Play Tournament Champion.
- Points toward end of season Player of the Year Standings.
- Place payouts will be determined by the total purse for the event.